This September, the MageX conference will attract hundreds of Magento enthusiasts, merchants, and developers under one roof to learn all about the latest eCommerce technologies and solutions. This event will feature dozens of workshops, sessions, and expert speakers, but attendees are particularly excited about the chance to take part in the first-ever Merchant Documentation Day hosted by Magento!
About Merchant Doc Day
This collaborative session allows merchants and developers to join forces with Magento core architects to contribute directly to Magento 2. Merchants will get to work alongside the Magento Doc team, developers, and community members to improve their knowledge and documentation. Attendees can expect to:
- Take part in immersive and engaging sessions.
- Learn how to add contributions to Github.
- Get involved with documenting new features, such as MSI, PWA, and PageBuilder.
- Document other features and/or improvements.
- Review current documentation in teams.
- Create documentation for missing items.
- Create and merge PRs.
Perks for Merchants
The Merchant Doc Day’s primary goal is to give our users a place to connect with each other, contribute to projects, and enjoy being part of the future of eCommerce technologies. Merchants will be able to utilize all of the strategies and techniques recommended by Magento experts in order to improve their own online stores. For instance, attendees will have the chance to:
- Connect and network with the Magento team.
- Contribute to Magento documentation
- Learn about the best Magento practices and standards.
- Ask Magento developers about current Magento 2 issues.
- Help developers get a deeper understanding of merchant needs.
Even merchants who use another platform for their online businesses are welcome to attend! Sellers are just required to have an active GitHub account, a willingness to contribute to projects, and a desire to learn something new. All merchants will learn how to improve their documentation for:
- Admin usability.
- Frontend usability.
- General purposes..
- Translation teams.
More About MageX
Beyond Merchant Doc Day, there will be plenty of other opportunities for merchants at MageX 2019. This will be the first Magento conference taking place in Austin, Texas, as an Adobe company. You’ll be able to meet the Adobe team and get an inside look at the latest Magento/Adobe developments. You will gain inspiration from brilliant speakers and presentations, enjoy plenty of networking opportunities, and, of course, you can’t miss the amazing afterparty festivities!
For more information about this full 2-day event, click here to visit the conference website. We hope to see you there!