Adobe announced that support for all Magento 1 platforms will end in June 2020, so now is the time for retailers to begin transitioning over to Magento 2. This version includes plenty of benefits that will help merchants keep up with the technological advances occurring in the world of eCommerce for years to come.
If you’re still on the fence about upgrading or changing your eCommerce platform, here are 10 significant advantages that Magento 2 can offer:
- An open-source community. Magento Community and Magento Enterprise are both open-source, so you can have complete control over the customization of your website. You’ll never have to wait for new features to come out; you can simply change it up whenever you please.
- Improved speed. According to a litany of tests conducted on Magento 2, developers found that sites running on this platform are capable of handling well over 1 million orders per day. Since customers expect pages to load in less than 2 seconds, speed is incredibly important for eCommerce success.
- Responsive designs. Mobile commerce is rising exponentially around the globe, so having a mobile-friendly design is essential. Magento 2 is mobile-friendly right out of the box, and there are countless responsive themes to choose from.
- Seamless integrations. Magento 2 has hundreds of extensions available through the Magento marketplace, and the platform also allows merchants to configure their own APIs using REST, SOAP, or GraphQL.
- SEO capabilities. Magento 2 is specifically designed to be SEO-friendly right out of the box to ensure that retailers get the attention they deserve!
- Flexibility and scalability. If you want to make omnichannel selling a breeze, Magento 2 has you covered. It’s capable of handling multiple stores, languages, inventories, and currencies without making you feel confused or frustrated. Everything can be managed efficiently directly from the admin dashboard.
- Magento support will cover the entire code base, and if you decide to use the Magento Cloud version instead, they will also cover the hosting. This is much better than any SaaS platform on the market today.
- Business intelligence capabilities. Magento 2 makes it easy to gather, access, and analyze valuable eCommerce data just using its built-in functionalities.
- All-in-one B2B solution. Magento Commerce provides all the B2B tools you need to set yourself up for success, and it covers the API for your B2B specific features.
- A thriving community. Magento has the largest open source community in the industry, where thousands of contributors collaborate and create innovative new tools every day. You’ll always have access to the latest cutting-edge technologies, even if you’re not a developer!
If you’d like to learn more about how Magento can help your online business, check out the solutions we offer by clicking here. For more info about designing a website that will stand the test of time, join us for the Mobile Optimization Initiative that will take place at this year’s MageX conference!