When it comes to eCommerce, it’s usually recommended for merchants to offer more features and options for their customers. Retailers are constantly being encouraged to do more: sell through more channels, offer more payment options, create more unique content, and keep up with more of the changing trends. However, having too many options on your mobile site might end up causing more frustration for shoppers—and decreased sal
Tagged with 'magento'
Benefits of Mobile Optimization
The immediate advantage of optimizing your mobile site is that your customers will have improved, personalized shopping experiences. When your site isn’t responsive or, at the least, mobile-friendly, users might have to zoom in to read the text or try to tap minuscule icons to browse your site. One report showed that 60% of mobile users who encounter these kinds of problems will quickly exit the site.
Mobile shopping has become increasingly common in the past few years, and according to researchers from Statista, the trend will continue to gain traction. Mobile shopping accounted for 23% of total eCommerce sales in 2017, and this number is estimated to rise to nearly 54% in the United States by 2021. However, despite the fact that 82% of Americans have used their mobile device to browse stores online, mobile conversion rates are much lower than other digital shopping platforms. Retailers need to start acting now to accommodate consumers’ changing behaviors, and Magento is here to help.
At this year’s MageX conference, there will be a panel of experts to discuss their top tips for mobile optimization. Attendees will have the chance to hear from Rob Long, speakers from Paypal and Evangelist, and other special guests as they learn about the benefits of shopping cart experiments.
Adobe announced that support for all Magento 1 platforms will end in June 2020, so now is the time for retailers to begin transitioning over to Magento 2. This version includes plenty of benefits that will help merchants keep up with the technological advances occurring in the world of eCommerce for years to come.
If you’re still on the fence about upgrading or changing your eCommerce platform, here are 10 significant advantages that Magento 2 can offer:
- An open-source community. Magento Community and Magento Enterprise are both open-source, so you can have complete control over the customization of your website. You’ll never have to wait for new features to come out; you can simply change it up whenever you please.
- Improved speed. According to a litany of tests conducted on Magento 2, developers found that sites running on this platform are capable of handling well over 1 million orders per day. Since customers expect pages to load in less than 2 seconds, speed is incredibly important for eCommerce success.
- Responsive designs. Mobile commerce is rising exponentially around the globe, so having a mobile-friendly design is essential. Magento 2 is mobile-friendly right out of the box, and there are countless responsive themes to choose from.
- Seamless integrations. Magento 2 has hundreds of extensions available through the Magento marketplace, and the platform also allows merchants to configure their own APIs using REST, SOAP, or GraphQL.
- SEO capabilities. Magento 2 is specifically designed to be SEO-friendly right out of the box to ensure that retailers get the attention they deserve!
- Flexibility and scalability. If you want to make omnichannel selling a breeze, Magento 2 has you covered. It’s capable of handling multiple stores, languages, inventories, and currencies without making you feel confused or frustrated. Everything can be managed efficiently directly from the admin dashboard.
- Magento support will cover the entire code base, and if you decide to use the Magento Cloud version instead, they will also cover the hosting. This is much better than any SaaS platform on the market today.
- Business intelligence capabilities. Magento 2 makes it easy to gather, access, and analyze valuable eCommerce data just using its built-in functionalities.
- All-in-one B2B solution. Magento Commerce provides all the B2B tools you need to set yourself up for success, and it covers the API for your B2B specific features.
- A thriving community. Magento has the largest open source community in the industry, where thousands of contributors collaborate and create innovative new tools every day. You’ll always have access to the latest cutting-edge technologies, even if you’re not a developer!
This September, the MageX conference will attract hundreds of Magento experts and enthusiasts from around the globe for 2 full days of workshops, presentations, and collaboration. The event will provide a plethora of learning opportunities for all attendees, but it will also give developers the chance to prove their Magento knowledge and become officially certified.
Benefits for Certified Developers
Although developers don’t necessarily need to earn a Magento certification to have a successful career, becoming certified definitely helps them stand out from the crowd, as Kevin Jarvis states. Developers who have the initiative to complete an exam can:
- Display their expertise. Magento certifications aren’t easy to come by. They require developers to have a deep understanding of the platform, so clients and employers will have more confidence in the abilities of a certified developer over an uncertified developer.
- Establish their professionalism. Those who want to move up in their career can show potential employers how dedicated they are to their work by passing a certification exam.
- Show their passion. Developers who truly enjoy what they do should earn a certification to prove that their creativity and skills are equally matched. Clients will feel reassured when they work with a passionate developer because they’ll know that their website will function flawlessly and look great!
- Earn a higher salary. Providing their credibility can easily help developers negotiate a higher pay for their services and stand out to hiring managers.
If you’ve attended an Adobe Summit before, you’re probably familiar with the famous session that’s fondly referred to as “Summit Sneaks.” During this live event, brilliant developers and innovators have the chance to take the stage and show off their latest achievements in brief, entertaining demos for the audience.
These “sneak peeks” are incredibly fun and inspirational, so we wanted to host a similar event specifically for Magento enthusiasts. That’s why we’re excited to announce that Mage Demo will be returning this September at the MageX conference!
This year’s MageX conference will be an excellent opportunity for experienced Magento professionals to validate their real-world skills by earning their Magento Certifications. On September 12 and 13, MageX will be holding a number of MagentoU certification exams, and event attendees can enjoy a 50% discount on their testing fees!
This September, the MageX conference will attract hundreds of Magento enthusiasts, merchants, and developers under one roof to learn all about the latest eCommerce technologies and solutions. This event will feature dozens of workshops, sessions, and expert speakers, but attendees are particularly excited about the chance to take part in the first-ever Merchant Documentation Day hosted by Magento!
This September 12 and 13, 2019, MageX will attract hundreds of Magento users, merchants, and business leaders for two full days of learning and networking. Attendees can expect to hear all about the newest developments from Magento and Adobe as they take part in hands-on workshops, enjoy expert presentations, and see demos of up-and-coming projects.
MageX is a must-see conference for our clients and integration partners, but it could also be a worthwhile investment for our competitors. If you want to get a sneak peek at what’s happening with Adobe and Magento, or if you need some new ideas for improving your own platform, you might want to mark this event on your calendar.